Step by Step instructions for Trade Contractors submitting a bid on BidCentral Online Bidding for Subcontractors (BOBS)
Step 1: Review the pre-bid interpretations for the scope of work and other important information – available in the BidCentral Planroom (you will need a BidCentral account username and password) or the BidCentral BOBS Project Listings.
Step 2: If this is your first time on BOBS (or you need a refresher) read the BOBS User Guide.
Step 3: If you are a BidCentral Planroom subscriber, make sure to list yourself as “I am Bidding” and also “Following”, on the BOBS project you are interested in, so that you receive all notifications about that BOBS project.
Step 4: Advise your Surety Representative that you are bidding:
Step 5: Register and access the BOBS bidding platform on Bids & Tenders (this requires you to have a unique login and password).
Step 6: Pay your BOBS fee here (required to submit a bid & for each project).
- You need the receipt number for your Bid Form.
- The project number is the BidCentral project number (starts with the year, ex: 2020-xxxxxx).
- Your money will be refunded if for some reason you do not bid.
Step 7: Submit your bid on the BOBS bidding platform as noted in Step 5. Remember, Appendix A, Standard Exclusion apply as per the BOBS Rules of Procedure.
Step 8: After closing,
- The Who Bid Who will be available in the BidCentral Planroom (you will need a BidCentral Account username and password), or at the BidCentral BOBS Project Listings.
- Missed Bids and Bid Withdrawals can be performed as per the instructions here.